Sunday 17 November 2013

Dehydrated

13th October (Sunday)

Two nurses hoisted Rachael to change her pad and clean her with I's help.  Rachael reported that she felt dehydrated at 4.30pm.  The nurse made a note of this and said that she will also inform the doctor.  The nurse came back to say that a doctor will be coming to see Rachael re being dehydrated.  He may need to put a IV line in to hydrate her.  Rachael wants to make sure that the TPN team are made aware of what happens.  The H8 nurse came at 6.30 to change Rachael’s feed.  She will make sure that something is done about Rachael’s dehydration.  Rachael’s syringe driver was changed at 6.50.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel. Hope you are doing OK. Haven't seen you on Patient's Like Me lately and I got worried about you. Just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year and let you know someone over here in the U.S. is thinking about you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Lisa in NY by the way. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello KB, Dented85 and tabbycat8. Just wondering if anyone is still posting to this site for Rachel. Has anything happened to her? I have not heard from her in a long time and she hasn't been on patients like me. Please let me know. I've been praying for her here in NY. Thanks. Blessings to you all.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lisa, I dunno if this will reach you Lisa but Rachael died peacefully just over a year ago now - I don't know why I still pop in here from time to time, old habits die hard I suppose.

    R (a real-life, disabled people's movement friend of Rachael's)

    ReplyDelete